School Time: Pre Kinder-3 - 8th Grade classes will begin at 7:55 A.M. (doors open at 7:00 A.M.) & end at 3:15 P.M. for Pre Kinder-3 -8th Grade. Children not enrolled in After School Care, but remaining on the school grounds after 3:30 P.M., will be sent to the After School Care Program, and a fee will be assessed.
This schedule will help in planning doctor appointments, lunch sharing, and sending birthday goodies. Please wait until September to share lunch with your child. The first few weeks are needed for the child to become comfortable with his/her classmates and schedule. Please send a note to the classroom teacher if your child will be leaving school early for a doctors appointment, etc. We will then have the child ready to leave when you arrive.
AFTERNOON PICK UP PROCEDURES
- No amount of hurry on anyone’s part is worth the safety of our children.
- Dismissal will begin – at 3:15 P.M. Cars will be released to drive forward into the loading zone at 3:15.
- If your child is still on campus at 3:30 P.M. and is not in a scheduled tutoring or extracurricular program, he/she will be sent to After School Care and the daily rate of $14.00 (per student) will be assessed.
- During adverse weather, students are dismissed from the classrooms. Please proceed to the front doors of the school and we will call the student to be picked up.
- In the event there is local flooding, please do not rush to pick-up your children. They are on high ground and are safe here. The staff will stay as long as needed to ensure their safety. Please do not jeopardize your safety in getting to the school.
- All vehicles will form two lines facing Moana. If you wish to turn left onto Moana after loading your children, please drive through in the left lane. If you wish to turn right, please use the right lane (adjacent to the school curb).
- At 3:15 P.M. We will allow approximately 14 cars (7 per lane) to form a line in front of the school. The first two cars should pull to the first crosswalk. (A staff member will be there to assist you.) When you arrive at your place in line, please TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE and open a passenger door in your car. When all 14 cars are in place (with engines off and one door open), a staff member will blow a whistle giving the children the “go-ahead” to load into their respective cars with Patrol Assistance. As soon as your child is in the car, please shut the door. When all doors are closed and the patrols have returned to the curb, the whistle will sound again signaling you to start your engine and exit the driveway. A staff member will then allow the next 14 cars to move into the loading area.
- For student’s safety, ALL students should be loaded using these procedures. If there is an emergency and it is absolutely necessary to park, please use the second parking lot. Therefore, an adult must walk to the dismissal area to get any student, PK3 – 8th. Crossing will only be permitted during loading times (while engines are shut off).
- ALL STUDENTS must be accompanied by an adult when crossing – including those in Middle School.
- To avoid sidewalk congestion for Parents meeting their child in the school foyer, please exit through the breezeway.
- Because of traffic patterns, there must NOT be any parking along Moana.
The most important reason for these procedures is for the safety of our children. Please work with us.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PICK UP PROCEDURES
As we move into fall, I wanted to ensure that all parents were aware of the release procedures for inclement weather. Because we have no cover over the walkway by the pick-up area, when it is raining we will release from the classrooms. The procedure is as follows: Two members of the staff will be by the pick-up area when it rains and will have radio contact with staff members who will be monitoring the kids. We will move about 12 vehicles into the pick-up zone and intercom the classrooms for the right kids to come out. Once we have them all loaded, we will move that set of vehicles out, and bring in the next set. Doing this will make the pick-up move as fast as possible while maintaining the safety for the kids which is our primary concern. Please help in this when the weather turns less favorable. Thanks!!
Weather conditions may occur which make it necessary for schools to close. School closings or changes in starting/ending times will be carried by radio and television. No announcement will be made when schools will remain open as usual.
When an announcement of the closure of the local school district (Northeast Independent School District) are made on the radio or television, the Catholic schools will follow their local school districts directives.